Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Eastern medicine

After coming to the conclusion that western medicine is nothing but a bunch of trial and error involving drugs, I started researching the centuries old methods of healing. Ok, I'm stretching the truth. I had a major sinus attack and after prescription decongestants, antibiotics, and 3 days straight in bed, my mom brought over this strange contraption called a neti pot. Desperate, I was willing to try anything, even pouring salt water up one nostril to come out the other. Within a day, I was back to my normal life.

I must admit that now I'm a neti pot junky. I do it every day. And since I've begun, I have not had one cold even though the little germ monsters and the man of the house had colds. I even stopped taking my allergy pill every day. I take the neti pot with me when I travel as well. I can't imagine what the cleaning people must have thought when they saw this sitting on the sink.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Wow, I had no idea it was so fallic. I'll have to get one right away. :)

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I didn't know they made special contraptions for this. I've been using a straw to flush salt water through my nose as a cure for a sore throat for years.