Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Life on the bench

It's been 10 years since I've been on the bench, but I haven't forgotten what is involved. You are no longer working on a project and charging to a client - the company is footing your bill. And the company wants some benefit for your time. Only they really don't need you, so the department dreams up crazy tasks to fill your day.

But, alas, I have moved up in the world! Now I am directing two new hires on said crazy tasks. And just what does this exciting, brave new world offer these eager new-hires? Why making copies of course!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We need some good quality help. Maybe your company would rent you out to us.

Courtney said...

How much? I worship the almighty dollar.

Courtney said...

Oh wait, you said high quality help. Never mind.

Anonymous said...

Oh, don't be so modest! I wonder if it could be worked out. I am sure your company worships the almight dollar also.