Thursday, October 21, 2004

He said what I couldn't

Eric, at Eric's Random Musings, verbalized quite eloquently why I disagree with religious based law making in his post Secular Ethics vs. Religious Morals. For example, abortion rights. Although many religions oppose abortion as seen here, not all do. By outlawing abortion, you are imposing religious beliefs on all, regardless of whether or not they have the same beliefs. I have no issue with John Kerry personally not believing in abortion, but also knowing that he can not make that decision for every person. That is about the only thing I agree with though. Bush is guided by his religion and while I admire his convictions, I do not agree with his beliefs and I feel his decisions are based on his beliefs only. The good news is that the Texas ballot has a libertarian candidate, Michael Badnarik, so I don't have to do the unthinkable and vote for either Bush or Kerry.

No comments: