Seems like every time you turn around, someone at the office is trying to squeeze money out of you. Diabetes, United Way, Red Cross, backpacks for kids, shoes for kids, my son's baseball team, daughter's band, all worthy causes but it grows tiresome.
Today, a pamphlet was handed to me with an eraser attached in the shape of a shoe. The kick-off for the walk to cure diabetes tomorrow. Here's what it says at the bottom:
" Hear about a day in the life of a child with diabetes
cookies provided"
Am I the only one to catch the irony? Or is this some tactic to pull our heart strings by telling us this poor child can't even eat a cookie like we're doing now. Hm, I think I'll go run instead.
My Side Hustle Is Four Legs and a Leash
-
[image: Two dogs laying with red and blue balls]
Let’s talk about the side hustle that doesn’t feel like work most days. Dog
sitting. I’ve been doing this ...
1 day ago

No comments:
Post a Comment