Monday, June 28, 2004

Finding me again

Friday night as I was driving to Clear Lake to visit a friend, I was tired, cranky, and just wanted to stay home. I did want to see my friend, so I went ahead and made the 45 minute drive. After a relaxing and fun evening hanging out with the girls (and missing my kids terribly), I realized that I've lost part of myself. Okay, I've lost almost all of myself. I am so wrapped up in the minutiae of the day, I don't even think about me. All I think about is making it to the next day. This is not how I want to live my life, but I guess it is the reality of it. I am making a promise to myself to spend more time on me.

1 comment:

Michael said...

It's true that you have to take care of yourself before you can take care of others.

A vanilla latte and a good book solves a lot of problems.