Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hunker down

Hurricane Ike heading for us. No plans to evacuate, but we do need to pull all the patio furniture and plants into the garage. Of course you're never really sure what to believe, but the news is saying if the hurricane stays on its present course, we could see 100 mph winds even where we live. It is terrifying. The last hurricane that past right over our house was 1983. I was 8 and thought it was great fun. We went outside when the eye passed over our house. Totally peaceful and calm- it was bizarre. Stay safe everyone!

4 comments:

Lee said...

Keep safe. We are travelling to Cuba in about a month. Hope there is something left to look at.

Anonymous said...

Eight? You were EIGHT? OMG I feel old! LOL - I had a toddler then! Stay safe - we love y'all!

Anonymous said...

Yes, we may be in for a bit of a breeze. I was, uh, a little older than you when Alicia came through in 1983.

Anonymous said...

Stay safe.

And now I'm more depressed about the fact that you were only 8 when Alicia came through than I am about getting hit by a hurricane.