Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Uncharted territory

I've been saying for years that I needed more responsibility at work. Now that I finally have it, I realize I have no idea what I'm doing. I had much more confidence when I had someone to fall back on. Now it's just me and I feel confused, disorganized, and overwhelmed. I'm terrified soon everyone will know I don't have a clue. What is that saying- be careful what you ask for?

This will be a great growing and learning experience. Here's to hoping I don't screw it up too bad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, you needn't be concerned. Very few people at your company have much of a clue anyway. So how would they ever know? I have confidence in you that you can do it. Plus, if you really get desperate you can always ask me and no one there would ever know about it. The minimum experience level here is 25 years. I sure I could always get you an answer.

Michael said...

It's not how much you know. It how much other people *think* you know.