Thursday, December 23, 2004

My favorite day of the year

Christmas is my favorite day of the year. The anticipation Christmas Eve, knowing that in the morning my stocking would be filled and presents would fill under the tree. Gathering in the morning with my aunt and uncle and grandparents and cousins, eating homemade cinnamon rolls and drinking wassail. Tearing through the presents and playing all day until it was time to go to my grandparents house. The anticipation of opening stockings at my grandparents that evening. I love that I'm able to pass these traditions on to my own children and give them the same warm, loving memories I have of the holiday. And I can not wait until my son finds out that Santa is bringing him a trip to Disney World with his parents and both sets of grandparents.

Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

Michael said...

I hope your Christmas was as happy as you anticipated. Did you get to play in the snow on Christmas Eve?