Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Lost and found

Missing: Motivation

I am seriously struggling at work. I have a bad attitude when I drive through the front gate and it doesn't get any better through out the day. As thankful as I am to still have my job and believe me, I do know how fortunate I am, I just can't seem to shake it. It would be one thing if I could go in, do my job and do it well and go home. If only it was that simple. With the new regime in place and all the 'initiatives' underway, it seems like everything is an exercise in futility. I flounder when I feel my efforts do not benefit anyone. I either need a change of scenery or a giant kick in the butt. Maybe both.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I'll gladly kick your butt! :)

I know what you mean, though. I had that problem on my last project. Luckily, it got canceled! (Ha - little bit of ironic engineering humor there...)

Anyway, I'm now on a really short time frame project with definite requirements and I'm also working on another project with basically the same deadline. I'm so swamped, I don't have time to be annoyed with the fact that I hate writing design basis documents.

Here's hoping that soon you'll have too much work to think about your job anymore. That seems to be the only thing that works for me.

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.