Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Memory is the second thing to go, what's the first?

I happened to glance at my last post and noticed I used Smoochie instead of Sudsy. I presume if I can't keep the kid's real names straight, I shouldn't expect to keep their nicknames straight. In fact, it has gotten so bad that I just call them all Boo.

I was telling a coworker about the wonderful benefits of the neti pot and how I rarely ever get sick anymore since I started religiously running salt water through my nose. After that conversation, I was definitely due for Murphy's Law to kick in. I spent the later half of last week and part of the weekend laid on the couch with the worst cold I've had in years. Of course I was home alone with all three kids. I did start feeling better Saturday and Sunday I was back on my feet again.

Sunday evening one of my bestest friends and her family came over to visit. I really, really, really wish she lived in the area, but thankfully they moved about a year ago and are within driving distance, albeit a long drive.

This year I have kicked butt on Christmas presents. After posting last week that I hadn't started, I made a few trips around town, bought a bunch of stuff on amazon and am now nearly finished. I usually waste a lot of time second guessing and watching the sales, but I don't have the time, energy or patience for that this year. Instead I decided to save receipts and if I find a better deal later, I can always take it back. It's really taken the pressure off.

The kids are off from school this week and they spent the entire day yesterday watching home videos. They loved watching themselves and the few that I caught, I noticed that Sudsy has the same facial expressions as Smoochie but looks like Bubby.

Happy Thanksgiving all!!!

No comments: