Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Busy weekend

Halloween kicked off a weekend filled with activities. Saturday morning, I managed to not only drag myself out of bed, but feed and dress the little ones and pick up my mom to get to a fun run. Friends of mine from the office have become my support and inspiration in the journey to become healthy again. We met our goal of completing the 5K run and Bubby and Smoochie participated in the 1K kids run.



My friend's daughter, who also participated in the kids run, came home with us and we spent the rest of the day playing. They jumped on the trampoline, we went swimming at the pool and then played on the playground at the fast food restaurant after dinner. We had such a busy, active day that Bubby kept insisting it was Sunday.

Sunday afternoon was Bubby's first karate tournament. There is much build up and anticipation for a 45 second spar. He was down 2-0 and then came back to win 2-3. He was so excited that he ran to me yelling 'Mom! I won!' as he tripped and fell flat on his face. Thankfully he wasn't injured although I almost injured myself laughing so hard. Not much rest coming up this weekend either.

Friday night is Bubby's championship game for baseball and Saturday we're heading to College Station to watch the Aggies get slaughtered.

The Gaggle of Kids Proud Bubby The Fall The Spar

No comments: