Thursday, October 06, 2005

Blood wagon

Our office hosted the semi-regular blood drive earlier this week. I haven't donated since before I was pregnant with my 2nd child and since I don't have anything disqualifying me at the moment since I'm not pregnant, recovering from child birth, or nursing, I decided it was time. My blood type is O-, so I feel a large responsibility to donate.

My last visit, the technician was obviously inept and my blood stopped flowing after a few ounces, so this time I asked for the most experienced person. The one with the supervisor tag on her white coat spent 5 minutes squeezing my arms, checking my veins before finally finding one. And since my skin is transparent white, you would think this would be an easy task. She finally found one and I'm happy to say no problems this time.

I did have a strange side effect that evening. Two servings of meat!! Ok, it was a side effect that is strange for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a strange side effect? A strange side effect would be an urge to vote republican!