Thursday, July 14, 2005

I've been tagged!

Michael, at Chasing the Wind, has tagged me. I am supposed to answer the question and tag 5 people. Alas, I'm not convinced 5 people read my blog, so this will end with me unless Darkle wants to take a stab at it. And since Jo at Spin the Moon started it and passed it on to Michael, they're untaggable.

Things you enjoy, not because you have to but because you WANT to, even when no one around you wants to go out and play. What lowers your stress/blood pressure/anxiety level? Make a list, post it to your journal. And then tag 5 friends and ask them to post it to theirs.

1. Scrapbooking. Those that know me are surprised to find out I scrapbook. However girly an activity it might seem, I do enjoy having a creative outlet.

2. Jogging. You'd never know it by the shape I'm in at the moment....

3. Watching crap tv. Nothing better than zero brain activity.

4. Playing with my kids. Only when they're not fighting. Otherwise it raises my stress/blood pressure/anxiety level.

5. Swimming. I love the feel of the water gliding along my body, the relief from sounds from the chaotic world around.

That's it! So, if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged!

2 comments:

Chaya said...

Hi Courtney,

I was just passing thru in blog-land and found yours to be most entertaining. Despite your own criticism, your writing is full of fun and never becomes boring, even on the days you don't feel so great. I LOVE the poem about the broken shower glass and the Bushisms.

Anyway, having been tagged, I just wanted to let you know one of the 5 was me.

Chaya said...

My answers

1. Listening to and adding programming to my Launchcast stations at Yahoo.com. Launchcast personalized stations are like musical heaven.

2. Looking at trees or natural greenery. Although purple is my other favorite color, green leaves and nature always help me with peace and serenity. My favorite rooms are usually on the second floor and have windows looking off into trees or gardens. The best place I ever lived was on a 220 acreage of almost undisturbed land with green fields (when it wasn't fall or winter) and woods, backed by rolling hills that looked so fantastic in sunrise.

3. Singing. It doesn't matter if it is a song I have written or somebody else's song. If I can sing it with my soul all into it, it seems like it's almost better than exercise considering the serontonin rush I get with singing.

4. Exercise. I have considered fitness as very important ever since I was 18. Although I am now physically limited, I am still happy every week that I am able to say I have walked at least 4 miles and every day that I am able to get in just a little stretching and exercise or days that my muscles are loose enough to get in a few salsa moves (like I used to love to dance), I feel a little better.

5. Cooking with my Husband. I met my husband doing volunteer work when he was the manager of a Salvation Army kitchen. We both enjoy a lot of the same kinds of food, and we work well in the kitchen together. It's a lot of fun when we put together special meals that we prepare together. After all of these years, our efforts in the kitchen are still often shared with others that we offer meals to. I don't know if this really reduces stress or blood pressure, however these moments are always little enjoyable moments of life, bringing on smiles and smiles must reduce stress and blood pressure just a little at least.