Thursday, August 20, 2009

Family fun night

It seems that when each weekend arrives, I throw myself a mini-pity party. Hubby works weekends do we don't get to do the fun family stuff that I'd like. Instead of feeling sorry for us, I decided to take action. Who says that fun family activities can only happen on weekends? We have declared Wednesday night Family Fun Night. We will probably have to shift the shedule a bit when baseball starts up this fall, but for now, Wednesdays work great.

Last night was our first Family Fun Night. We decided to go bowling. I'm wondering when bowling got so expensive? $45 for a four of us for one game? That seems quite steep. I am now looking for ideas for our weekly adventures, preferably ones that don't cost money.

Here is what we have on the list so far:

- family bike ride
- roller skating
- getting gelato from Whole Foods
- driving range
- rock wall at the gym
- Astros game
- we have tickets in December to see The Sound of Music
- movies

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miller Outdoor Theater if they have something on Wednesday night.

I think the Museum of Natural Science stays open to 9:00. If you are a member the tickets are free for the main exhibit.

I don't think Whole Foods is going to be seeing anything of me. Boycott.

Doug Green said...

A trip to Brazos Bend State Park in September or October when it is cooler. The park is less crowded during the week and you can see the deer come out at dusk. Don't forget the mosquito repellant and flashlights.