Monday, July 12, 2004

Moving to Israel

Saw something on the news this morning that disturbed me. (Actually, every time I watch the news it disturbs me which is why I rarely watch the local news.) There is a group, Nefesh B'Nefesh, who is loaning people money to move to Israel. If you stay for at least three years, it becomes a grant. A couple with young children was featured on the show this morning. Now, let me preface this by saying, I am not Jewish and therefore do not understand the spiritual connection to Israel. But why would anyone move their children to that environment? Of course they showed this bit right after the scenes from the latest suicide bomber. If people have to be paid to move to a country, what does that tell you? The first job as a parent is to protect your child from harm. Not move them to a war zone.

1 comment:

Michael said...

How much are they offering to move your family to Falujah?