Thursday, July 22, 2004

FINE! I give up.

I'm not sure what my aversion to PDA's has been.  Maybe I thought I was avoiding geekdom if I didn't have one.  I must face the fact that I'm a geek anyway, right now just an unorganized geek.  Or maybe it's if I actually saw everything I needed to do, I would just collapse into a heap of tears.  Whatever the reason, I must face my fears.

My post-it note method of organization is beginning to fail me.  I have lists on this one, phone numbers on this one, to-do's on another and I never have the right one at the right time.  I'm tired of transferring appointments between the calendar at work, the calendar at home, and the calendar in my planner.  I can't cram one more "to-do" in my head without 10 falling out.

Maybe I should just hire a personal assistant.  Or get a wife.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bought a Palm a couple of years ago, thinking I needed one, but I still use my Day Timer instead. I like the system, I like writing things down and being able to go back and look at them years later... ;)

Besides, those things eat batteries, and it got exhausting. :D

pamibe

Michael said...

I don't think getting a wife will reduce the number of todo's. I think it works the other way around.

Derek said...

Come to the dark side...

I'm on my fifth PDA in the last five years. I bought a Handspring Visor a few years ago, upgraded to a color Visor Prism, and then moved to a high-resolution Sony Clie T615C, still my favorite in terms of design. I like the easy access to telephone numbers, appointments, and so forth, but it's also a handy way to carry reading material, a simple word processor, and the ability to take pictures has occasionally come in handy, too.

Jooooinnn usssss...

Derek said...

Come to the dark side...

I'm on my fifth PDA in the last five years. I bought a Handspring Visor a few years ago, upgraded to a color Visor Prism, and then moved to a high-resolution Sony Clie T615C, still my favorite in terms of design. I like the easy access to telephone numbers, appointments, and so forth, but it's also a handy way to carry reading material, a simple word processor, and the ability to take pictures has occasionally been useful, too.

Jooooinnn usssss...

Derek said...

Come to the dark side...

I'm on my fifth PDA in the last five years. I bought a Handspring Visor a few years ago, upgraded to a color Visor Prism, and then moved to a high-resolution Sony Clie T615C, still my favorite in terms of design. I like the easy access to telephone numbers, appointments, and so forth, but it's also a handy way to carry reading material, a simple word processor, and the ability to take pictures has occasionally been useful, too.

Jooooinnn usssss...