Thursday, February 24, 2005

Little stories that don't go together

Last weekend we were out of milk. My husband will not drink his coffee black, so he reaches for the Kahlua. I said, wow, getting started early, aren't we? He answers that it's just liqueur, it doesn't have alcohol. I answer, hello, liqueur, liquor? He grabs the bottle and reads off 17% alcohol, hmmm.

The boy's new favorite movie is The Wizard of Oz and along with that comes nonstop questions about tornadoes. Mom, when is a tornado coming? Where will it take us? Will it shut off all the power? What if we're in the car when a tornado comes? I answer them all with honey, tornadoes don't happen very often around here and it will be a long time before we see one, if ever. So, we had some bad storms roll through the area this morning. I have the kids strapped into their car seats to leave for school and turn on the radio and there's a tornado warning. Check outside and the rain is coming down sideways. Tell the kids we need to head back into the house because there may be a tornado coming :)

I get an invite about a girl's spa night this Saturday. I respond immediately, yes!, figuring there's no way I'm missing out on this. Tell hubby that I'm going and later mention to the boy his reward of McDonald's if he behaves well at school this week. Hubby immediately asks if he's being set up. Can't understand why he'd jump to conclusions since the last time I left him with the kids for the evening, I promised them Daddy would take them to Chuck E Cheese. I know my time is coming....

No comments: