Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Warning- rant ahead

Everything and everyone is getting on my nerves today. I know it is stress related, but maybe this rant will help.

- The guy on the other side of my cube hacks and coughs all day long. When he's not sounding like a lung is coming up, he's yelling into his telephone.

- My new project sucks. I don't know what I am supposed to be doing and the client who I need to speak with has been out of the office for the two weeks I've been here.

- When I woke up this morning, I thought today was Thursday. Which would be a good thing because this Friday is not a working day (although I'll still be working from home) so I thought it was my last 5:30 am wakeup call for the week. Then I realized it was only Wednesday.

- I am trying to get back to my lunchtime running schedule and one of the three projects I am working on (another irritation there) keeps scheduling a meeting for right in the middle of my lunch hour.

- The space where my cube is located is behind locked doors since I'm working on "top secret proprietary technology" (whatever) and when someone goes in or out, the door squeaks for about 10 seconds as it slowly closes and then slams shut. And it's right next to my cube.

- Just the fact that I work in a cube!

I think I'm done. For now. Check back later- I am sure something else exciting will irritate me today :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Need someone to rant to? I am availabe most hours after about 7:00. And I don't charge anything or give advice.