Monday, February 06, 2006

Creative problem solving

The party Saturday evening was nice. Much to my surprise, the huge ballroom was packed and I was not expected to be a seat filler. I did have my own version of hell Saturday morning when I spent two hours at the mall. I first looked for a new dress. The selection was either old lady or hoochy mama, so I decided to look for a shrug to go over a sleeveless dress that I already owned. Seemed like a simple task. I finally found two that might work, so I bought both and then attempted to find comfortable, dressy, evening shoes. I felt like I was on Mission Impossible. Again, the selection was either old lady or hoochy mama or just downright painful looking. I finally found a pair that didn't have a point at the toes sharp enough to spear a fish. They were inches higher than anything I'd ever worn before, but feeling brave, or more likely desperate, I bought them anyways.

When I tried on the shoes, I did not have on hose. When I wore the shoes, I had hose on. First stop at my folks to drop off the kiddos and I realized my heel was slipping out of the back of the shoe and I couldn't walk. Attempt #1- inserted moleskin in the heel of the shoe, drove to party. The walk from the car to the hotel, I quickly realized attempt #1 was a failure. I slid my way into the hotel, hanging from my husband's arm, while trying to come up with a backup plan. Ah ha! I can stuff a bunch of toilet paper inside my hose at the back of my heel. Attempt #2 success! Unless you count the fact that the toilet paper kept riding up my ankle and it was white and my hose and shoes were black.

I think there's a good reason why I never dress up.

2 comments:

Michael said...

That sounds, uh, scary.

You'll probably increase your traffic because of people searching for "hoochy mama."

Foot Care said...

I would like everyone who has heel pain, heel spurs or plantar fasciitis to know that there is Instant help for your heel pain. There is a new shoe cushion called "Heelbillys" and rightfully so because they are not your typical orthotic, but believe me they work and there is nothing on the market like them.
They can only be bought online at; www.heelbillys.com and cost only $15.00.


They are tall, soft cushions made out of a special foam and they fit inside your shoe right under your heel and feels like you are walking on a pillow. They give instant relief.
I have been wearing them now for over 3 months and my heel is so much
better that I can now walk without them but today's shoes are so poorly
cushioned that I don't take the chance because I don't want the excruciating pain that I had to come back. Today’s shoes are so poorly cushioned that even people who don’t have heel pain should get them to avoid heel pain problems, especially if they walk a lot. Sometimes the simple things work better than the expensive things that are just designed to cost a lot of money to make it seem like they are effective. Heelbillys are simple, and inexpensive but they are effective. You owe it to yourself to try them, and you won’t be disappointed, you can get instant relief.