Thursday, February 16, 2006

Is this wrong?

As I was dropping off the boy at the extended day program at his school at 7:15 this morning, I saw two sets of parents dropping their kids off in the parking lot. The school doesn't open until 7:30, so I'm not sure what these kids do in the interim, but it gave me a sick feeling. Elementary school kids, unsupervised, running around outside the elementary school.

I happened to be behind one of the parents and he pulled up at the same day care that I was driving my daughter to and dropped off his daughter. I was fairly far behind him though because he was driving 90 miles an hour between the schools.

And THEN I saw another women pulling into the parking lot to drop off her young son, only her son was sitting in the front seat and not in a car seat.

Am I too overprotective? Or do these people just not care about the welfare of their children??? I try not to judge other's actions, but I respond differently if it involves children.

No comments: