Friday, June 04, 2004

Shattered!

'Twas the night before Friday, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;
The lunches were stacked by the pantry with care,
In hopes that splash day soon would be there;

The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of swimming pools danced in their heads;
And mamma and daddy nearly dead,
Had been sleeping dreamily in the brand new king sized bed,

When out in the bathroom there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.
Away to the room I flew with such might,
Tore open the doors and threw up the light.

The glass from the shower was a thousand piece,
And the shatter around displaced like a wreath;
I yelled out to 'quick, come look',
And then I found the glass in my foot.

We spoke not a word, but went straight to our work,
And removed all the glass; then turned with a jerk,
And around 1 am returned to our bed,
With wonder, amazement, and disbelief in our head.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Wow. Poltergeists. It just shattered in the middle of the night? And you can't blame it on the kids?

I'm amazed that in times of stress that you break out into poetry.