Monday, June 28, 2004

Rush is Right!

Sorry, my right-wing friends, not Rush Limbaugh. The concert Saturday night was awesome. 30 years and they still sound as good as ever. Even after the rain and thunderstorms all week and predictions of the same that night, the weather held out. It was amazingly cool with a breeze. It was a spiritual experience. If Rush was a religion, that is what I would choose. "Why are we here, because we're here. Roll the bones. Why does it happen? Because it happens, roll the bones." They also did cover songs of bands that had influenced them. I never thought I'd hear Rush do their rendition of "Summertime Blues"- much better than the original! The crowd roared for "The Seeker" by The Who, although that was a little before my time. I was disappointed that I didn't get to hear "Closer to the Heart", although we were graced by many classics. As any true music lover will tell you, it doesn't get any better than this. Can't wait for the next one.

No comments: