Wednesday, February 25, 2009

On to Plan Q

It appears that the dress-up clothes and morning runs aren't helping Bubby with his impulse control issues at school. We're still getting notes home nearly every day. Last ditch effort is the Feingold diet. Hubby and I need to have a conversation first so that I can make sure he is 100% on board. If he's not, there is no use in even trying. It is labor intensive and it will require 150% commitment from all of us. If it means that we don't have to put our son on stimulants, then I am willing to try. This is the end of the road though. I don't see any other options.

4 comments:

Sara said...

Ok, so what happens when your child doesn't eat any of those things (because he's so damn picky!) and he's still having behavior problems?! Fellan got another yellow card yesterday...

Courtney said...

What about his toothpaste and other environmental exposures? If I knew the answers, well, I wouldn't be sitting at my chair in my office!!

Lee said...

Good luck. I am happy that my kids are self-managing now - the youngest is nearly 21.

Marcia said...

Give it a try. There is plenty of support for those using the diet. The support group is wonderful: www.feingold.org There is also a Yahoo group that offers lots of info and support: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Feingold-Program4us/?v=1&t=search&ch=web&pub=groups&sec=group&slk=1

It works great in our family. Start it without saying in your family. If your child is relunctant, see if he is willing to give it a try.