Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Circuit City

Over the past week, I have been searching for a Wii Fit. I called two different Walmarts twice a day. I bookmarked two different websites that tracked the status of Wii Fits in various stores. I didn't want to pay more than retail and I didn't want to buy an expensive bundle. Finally, Circuit City showed up as having the Wii Fit in stock. I quickly jumped over to buy and realized I had to buy two accessories in order to qualify. Frustrated and sick of the routine, I did. Four days later, the ad shows up and the accessories are $5 off each. So, I sent an email and within 24 hours, I received a reply that a credit would be applied to my card. Now that is a good company.

Of course, two days after I ordered, a friend emailed me to tell me they were in stock at Walmart and did I want her to buy it. Hopefully, mine will arrive by Friday.

We're new to all this Wii stuff as Santa brought the kids one for Christmas. So far we have We Cheer, Wii Sports and Guitar Hero only. We had a fun family game night last night where we all calculated our Wii Age for Wii Sports. Smoochie was 80, Bubby was 52, I was 37 (rock on!) and hubby was 78. Sudsy Pumpkin Pie loves to watch. We've been alternating each night with the Wii and dominoes. Unfortunately, this will all end soon as karate starts tonight and the sign-ups for baseball are Thursday.

2 comments:

Diana said...

I want one too! Which Walmart was one found? Do you know?

Anonymous said...

Just in time too. Circuit City is now going to be liquidated having failed to find a buyer.