Friday, July 07, 2006

Sick, frustrated, and amused

I have been fighting a cold since last weekend. The kids both had it and I did hold out for nearly a week before it hit me. I spent Saturday and Sunday of last week in bed, resting. We had the in-laws over that evening and that was the most activity I had all weekend long. I went into the office on Monday and what a boring day that was! Almost everyone was out.

Tuesday, we went to my brother and sis in law's house to watch the 4th of July parade in their neighborhood then the kids swam in their pool. I went back to bed for most of the day and then we went for a late dinner and watched the fireworks.

Wednesday was back to work. I am getting a little frustrated because I am learning all of the systems and tools and most of my coworkers will be out at different times this month. I want to be fully on board and useful, but am far from it and that is bothering me. Most of the tools are home grown and have been developed over time and lack any instructions on use. I am afraid it will take awhile to get up to speed.

Today is my off Friday and I am trying to get caught up on everything around the house. My sister-in-law gave birth to baby #3 this morning, so I am going to stop by the hospital later this afternoon for a peek at my new niece.

On an unrelated note, the boy is becoming even more fascinated with religion and god and "bad god" and the word that is a bad word: h e double chopsticks. He asks everyone about their beliefs. My parents are Christian and my in-laws are Jewish, so he is getting quite a variety of answers. My favorite is when he asked the day care manager if she believed in god and then proceeded to tell her that his parents didn't. We've had several conversations recently about boundaries and what is polite to discuss in public and what is not :) I really want to feed this curiosity, but hubby and I are disagreeing on how to do that. I want to send him to church with my grandparents and to also expose him to different religions. I want him to learn about all religions so that we will have compassion and understanding. Maybe we do need to look into the Unitarian church.

No comments: