Monday, July 10, 2006

Hospital, graveyard, and airplanes

I have a new niece! And she is a doll. She was born on Friday and mother-in-law went to the hospital Friday afternoon to meet her. The rest of the weekend was quality time with the kids. I was home alone and one set of babysitters was in France, the other tied up with my niece and nephew, and hubby was out of town.

Saturday, I took the kids to the swim school for a makeup lesson. Later that afternoon, we visited a graveyard near our house that we pass twice a day on our normal commute. The boy has been begging to go in, so I obliged this weekend. Some of the headstones were from the early 1800's and the most recent were the 1920's. Very interesting, but a little creepy.

Then we went to Mickie D's to fill the kids full of high fructose corn syrup and trans fats. It was raining and they have a nice indoor playground for the kids to burn off some energy. Then I made a brave attempt at the dollar store for goodie bag treats for the girl's birthday party.

Sunday, we met hubby at the airport as he had 5 hours between flights. Because he had 5+ hours of 'sit' time, per the contract, the company is obligated to provide a hotel room. So we brought a swim suits and had a great time hanging out at the pool, watching the airplanes fly overhead.

Oh, and I have a sinus infection now and I am thinking that cutting my head off might be less painful.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I LOVE old cemeteries. Next time the boy gets a hankering for playing in one, send him to me - there's at least one cool one here inside the loop, too. :)

And did the Neti Pot let you down? Bummer. Keep at it, maybe it won't last too long.

Talk to you soon!