One of my favorite activities is to brainstorm ways to simplify. If I instead spent the time doing instead of thinking, I'd probably get more accomplished but what's the fun in that?
One of the big issues around the house is putting things away. The kids (and us) will leave one or two little things out and before you know it, the house is completely trashed. Once it starts piling up, all effort goes out the window which makes it doubly bad.
How to make life a little simpler? Keep on top of it. We've made a pact to implement a new idea every week.
Here are just a few that we've come up with:
- lay out school clothes for the entire week on Sunday
- pick out meals/recipes for the week on Sunday
- do not go to sleep unless the sink is clean
- run the dishwasher every night
- do a load of laundry a day (side note: only do one family member's clothes at a time to ease the put away stress)
- if you get something out, you put it away
What tips/tricks do you have for making life a bit more simple?
Life has Come to a Screeching Halt - In addition to disputing my unemployment benefits claim, my most recent W2 job also failed to pay my last invoice, reimburse me for sub-contractor servic...
19 hours ago