Thursday, October 16, 2008

Mudroom bliss




I finally cleaned up the mudroom. It is organized, neat and it makes me happy every time I enter the room, even if it is to do laundry.

Note the lockers, one for each child, so there is a home for backpacks, baseball gear and such. A calendar lists each day's activity so Daddy can't claim he didn't know about something. A magnetic board gives space for invitations. The shoe storage provides a home for the stray shoes that pile up around the house. And when the garage is finally cleaned and organized and we can actually park our cars in it, the key holder will be the perfect spot for the car keys.

This is what I dreamed of when I envisioned simplification several years ago. It has taken much heartache, money and time, but we are finally starting to live the life I dreamed about. Walking the kids to school in the morning, just steps from our door. Walking to the ball field for baseball practice and games. Calling the grandparents and even the great-grandparents for quick babysitting.

To sum it up, we're finally moving past the resentment and crap colored glasses due to the construction process and all the issues with the builder. We are starting to fall in love with our home and our new life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm...did Freud have anything to say about mudroom envy?

Sara said...

Ooo - I'm so glad I looked at your pictures. I was updating our Yahoo calendar this morning and forgot about Chris' birthday party. :)

P.S. Barf. Now I'm going to be even more mad about our house when I go home this afternoon and look with despair at our cluttered mess of a house. Sigh...

Diana said...

I'm so glad you're falling in love with your home. I know the heartache you went through.

I love your home too!