Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Baby baby baby

I find out today whether next Tuesday or Wednesday is the big day. I am nervous, excited, anxious and almost ready. Physically, I'm ready. I still have work to finish up- writing a report, transferring information, setting everything up for the time I'll be out of the office. I've resigned myself to the fact that the house will not be finished in time for baby, but we have made lost of progress the past month. The grass is mostly down, the fence is part way up and the water heater issues are fixed. Most exciting are the gas lights that are finally installed on the front of the house.

Weekend before last we took the kids on the sibling tour at the hospital. They practiced holding and diapering a doll baby and were officially crowned the toy police to make sure baby doesn't play with dangerous toys or toys that are choking hazards.


Last weekend was a baby luncheon given by my mom and mother-in-law. It was mostly family with a few close friends and was wonderful to get to catch up. I really am lucky to be surrounded by so many wonderful people in my life and I do not take that for granted.

I survived the first two days of work this week which I had been dreading. A group of 10 from Canada were in town for tech assurance purposes on our project on Monday and Tuesday was a workshop to identify risks. They both went well and I'm glad to have that behind me. My project team also presented me with a very nice card and gift cards to Babies R Us, which was totally unexpected but much appreciated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting!!

When The Boy was born, we took Middle Daughter to the big sister class and she loved it.

Sara said...

Good luck this week! I hope it's tomorrow - I like the 11th.

Although, I was just thinking this morning that it would be kind of cool to be born on the Ides of March, so you could just hold out until Saturday...

:)