Thursday, May 24, 2007

Not so bright in the morning

Two of my coworkers are nuts and decided that meeting at the gym at 5:30 am every morning was a good idea. Since I have been less than consistent in my exercise routine, I decided that the morning was probably the only time I could get consistent. Too many excuses at lunch, too many activities in the evening, too exhausted at night.

Tuesday morning I set my alarm half an hour earlier and ran for half an hour on the treadmill. Wednesday, hubby was home and the treadmill is right next to the bed, so I ran around the neighborhood. And this morning, I thought why not meet the guys at the gym for the 1 hour 15 minute killer cardio/weight class that I love.

Last evening, I packed up work clothes, toiletries, and breakfast for this morning. I slept in my gym clothes, set the alarm for 4:50, rolled out of bed, brushed my hair, put on socks and shoes and headed for Katy.

Half way there I realized I had forgotten my breakfast. It wasn't until I was in the shower, already shampooed when I reached for the conditioner and realized it was body lotion. So, I was hungry, tired, in a lack of caffeine induced haze and my hair was nothing but straw. One of the guys invited me over to his house for breakfast and I bypassed the straw issue with a french braid. Now all I need is a nap!

No comments: