Monday, April 16, 2007

I have kids?

This weekend didn't seem like it. Some friends of ours, whom we have not seen since the school year started in August, called in the middle of last week to go out Friday night. We've attempted such a feat twice before in the past year and someone got sick every time. I was amazed when we were able to take our plan to completion. We met at Sherlock's Pub and then headed to a nice French restaurant for dinner.

Saturday, I played in a golf tournament at Tour 18. It was 50 degrees and 20 - 25 mph winds. Perfect weather for golf :) After 5 1/2 hours on the course, we finally defrosted in the club house waiting for the results. And MUCH to my shock, awe and amazement- we won! I guess it helps to have 2 people on the team with a handicap in the 30's. Surprisingly enough, we didn't have the worst overall team handicap.

Sunday, I dropped the boy off with my grandparents for church and the girl off at a birthday party. The parents took 4 girls to Disney on Ice Princess Classics. They are much braver than me, but I was told she was perfect. She's the luckiest girl in the world because they bought the girls everything- cotton candy, mermaid wand, tiara, coloring book, picture with the princess..... everything mommy and daddy won't buy.

Mom and I took advantage of the free time and picked out some of the tile for the new house. There are so many decisions to make, it is completely overwhelming. Thank goodness Mom's an interior decorator who specializes in remodels and new construction. She's done so many kitchen remodels in the past few years and they all turn out beautiful.

Monday morning- back to the daily grind.

No comments: