Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Getting better all the time

I had a really good day at work today. Validation from two different people many levels above even my boss. And an offer from someone even higher to be my mentor. I think I finally found a place that matches my talents- some call it the gift of gab, others call it networking.

I called a meeting this morning with some major players and did it at the last minute by necessity and received kudos for running it efficiently and pulling it off so quickly. Something that would be totally expected in my last job, but is appreciated in my current job. I received a raise that was beyond my expectations. And a good friend of mine from my previous employer finally sent me his resume to pass on to his future boss down the hall from me.

I am glad I stuck it out and gave the new place a chance. Yes, it is all those negative things that I thought before- political, inefficient, etc, but I have found a way to accept it, move on and use it to my advantage.

No comments: