Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Pick a letter

Comment on this entry and I will give you a letter. Write ten words beginning with that letter, including an explanation of what the word means to you and why. My letter, 'T', was given to me by Jo.

Tired - This is how I feel most days. Especially today since the boy was up most of the night. As for why- see the next word.

Terrible - The boy is badly sunburned after an outdoor birthday party last Sunday. I put sunscreen on him, but only put in on his face, arms, and neck. And he took his shirt off at the party- so this is how I feel when he woke up in the night because it itched and hurt.

Travel - I love to travel, although it has been sporadic at best since the second child was born and I went back to work full time.

T-ball - I love watching my son's t-ball games. It is one hour, once or twice a week that I can enjoy my children and relish in delight that they are still young, impressionable, and growing.

Train - Growing up, I knew that my father was an engineer. They don't make any cutsie kid books about chemical engineers, so the only engineer I knew about drove a train. I could not figure out why my dad didn't have to wear the striped uniform and hat to work.

Time - Something I will never have enough of.

Tenants - Tenants will eventually bring freedom and independence for my family. Call it the get rich slowly plan.

Tub - This is really bath tub, but it is a place that I find peace, serenity, and especially important while pregnant- a feeling of weightlessness. (And no, I'm not. Thank you for asking.)

Texas - The only place I have ever lived and where the majority of my family and friends live. It is home.

Trying - I am always trying. Trying to be a better person, trying to set a good example for my children, but many times just trying to get through the day intact.

4 comments:

Sara said...

Allright, I'll bite. I have total blogger's block anyway, so this will give me something to write about.

Courtney said...

Your letter is "X".

Just kidding- try "A".

Sara said...

Aw, I was hoping for Q! I figured, knowing you, you would give me Q, so I started looking up Q-words. I hadn't even considered the difficulty of X!

Ok, I'm off to A-pproach this differently. (I crack me up.)

Courtney said...

KC- if you have the itch to play along, you can have the letter "B".

Anyone sensing a theme here?