Monday, March 07, 2005

Sunday morning ritual

Sunday morning, hubby and I stop at his folks house to return their lawn mower. Another item we need to purchase after the wheel sheared right off our mower last fall. I walk in and they are sitting around the kitchen table, sipping coffee, reading the newspaper, and then I notice the television. And on it is the preacher from Lakewood Church. Now, this would seem normal for most people, only thing is, they are Jewish. So, I have a puzzled look on my face and they tell me he has a good message and they watch him every week. I answer that there is something not quite right here, but I can't put my finger on it.

3 comments:

Michael said...

That's interesting. The New Testament has such a wonderful message of love that isn't as clear in the Old Testament.

Anonymous said...

A remarkable turnaround for that mythological being. At least in the new testament it is no longer a mass murdered.

Michael said...

Anonomously attacking another person's faith impresses nobody.