Monday, August 16, 2004

Glued to the Olympics

It's funny how the Olympics can turn active, athletic people into complete couch potatoes. It does my family anyway. I have been glued every spare moment since Friday night. I love watching the women's gymnastics because the flips and turns are unbelievable. I have a love/hate relationship with watching swimming. Seeing the athletes messing with their goggles, adjusting their caps, swinging their arms around to loosen up the muscles, stepping on the blocks, waiting for the start...it brings back floods of memories. I was on a swim team from the age of 6 all through my high school years.

Then my mind starts to wander. I remember consciously making a decision that I didn't want to be the best swimmer. In order to be the best swimmer, I would have to give up everything else and join the USS swim team. They had practice after the school's practice. I had more important things to do with my time- like chase that Junior stud swimmer (who now happens to be my hubby). That sums up how I live my life, always trying to maintain a balance. Which means I'm not the best at anything. But that's okay; I'm happy with my life.

No comments: